Saturday, May 1, 2010

Braised Shitake Mushroom


Ashamedly, my resolution of simplifying my life did not last long. For some bizarre reason (only answer I have come by is that some alien mush kidnap my brain every so often...to pick into my briliance of cause) an odd thought would enter my mind and I end up committing to things which a normal, rational person would not think of doing. It did seem like a good idea to cook three dishes which will mean that I can try new dishes such as Braised Shitake Mushroom, Braised Soy Tofu and give my daughter protein by cooking Steamed Blue eye with Black Beans. My husband, brother and sister in law were all entertained as they watched me frantically chopped and cooked away in the kitchen. They were thoroughly amused as the table was already filled with cooked dishes from my dear mother who feels sorry for me for all my hard effort of juggling home and work life (either that she feels sorry for my family for enduring my cooking). Our kitchen did look like a mad house as both my daughter and my nephew had been way over-due for their dinner. The poor kids were hanging off any legs they can find begging for someone to fill their tummies. My daughters first lesson on patience.
I loved seeing the texture of Shitake mushroom change from dried to soft and chewy. With bit of garlic and ginger in the sauce it was worth all the fussing.
For any advisories out there where can you get yellow bean soy sauce. Again, how many different kinds of soy sauce can you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment