Saturday, May 1, 2010

Braised Soy Tofu


I loved saying "black fungi" to my brother to his question of what the dried seaweed looking piece. In my head I am thinking, "wait till you see what is on next week's menu!". It is amazing how cooking can turn the most uninviting, unpalatable things into something that people would pay to eat. Cooking is truly a form of art that all our senses can appreciate.
A little bit of tip I have learnt from my sister-in-law is on how to cook the tofu without oil cracking on your face. She instructed me at the nick of time as I was about to put tofu freshly out of the package, to cover it with corn flour first. It resulted in giving the tofu a crunchy surface texture, very much like the Agedashidofu.
I loved the dish. Short time to cook and rich in nutrients (great for kids) and not to mention very tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you should've asked. I've got loads of that black fungus stuff at home and we'll never get through it. Would've saved you from having to buy any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I'm not normally a tofu fan but this sounds like one dish I'd be willing to try.

    ReplyDelete