Monday, July 12, 2010

Black Pepper Beef


At last I am beginning to conceive a world without instant noodle. Stir-frying is going to be the way of life for this busy working mum who has secretly fed herself MSG ridden instant noodle (and her husband to add to her guilt) which is hard to resist on cold winter days. The appraisal from my husband who was probably thanking heaven above for seeing a meat dish in front of him, made me all warm inside he might as well been Matt Preston and I, Julie Goodwin.
Whilst cooking black pepper beef, I was so proud of the sense of proficiency I have attained. While letting the beef marinate for 20minutes I chopped the ingredients and prepared the sauces. The beef was cooked to perfect medium rare and capsicum warm and crispy. As I was carefully wiping the excess sauce off the side of the plate, I saw a bowl of crushed black pepper still sitting on the bench at the corner of my eyes. The dish of my perfection was not quite so perfect without the central ingredient.
Lucky I am well trained in handling emergencies. It was quickly rectified with the whole plate of dish diving back into the wok along with the bowl of black pepper.
Needless to say the dish was well worth the save with the black pepper and all (well except for not so rare beef and soggy capsicum).

No comments:

Post a Comment