Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Roast Chicken Salad



The day I made this salad was a full day, as my Tuesday tends to be with doing my housewife duties. I did wonder if this is all worth doing as I watched my clinging daughter on my leg. Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law, I managed to cook up two salad dishes. In the middle of preparing for the salad dressing I realized that I was preparing for "Roast chicken Salad" and not "Warm salad of spicy minced chicken" as I had intention doing when I defrosted chicken mince. Again, I turned to my faithful brother to rescue our tummies from already delayed dinner. We drove through (literally) Coles and picked up BBQ chicken. Hence, it should be called Coles' BBQ chicken Salad.
Now, I did not research prior to going to grocery shopping to find out what "mignonette lettuce" look like. I was relying on the shop owners to label their fruits and veges for clueless people like me. There were many different types of lettuces from Coles, to Woolworth to Asian fruit and vege stores. In the end I decided to pick any that looked appealing enough to chew. Now that I have also learnt what mignonette lettuce is I hope I get to use it to impress someone one day.
The salad did survive my handling. However, it did turn out to be too limey. Combined with the vinegar, if you like less tangy taste put little less of lime juice. I did start to think about the type of erosion all these salad dressings will have on my teeth. Maybe I should have listened to my husband and not cook them in order of pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment