Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wonton Soup with Noodles


The challenge started on 9th February so I have to some catching up to in order to keep my many, many followers up to date. (I am feeling rather self-conscious of the cyber expose. Almost, hoping no one will come across the blog...)
I must say the wonton was superb. I have never made wonton before. It gave me faith in Neil Perry. If he can turn this non-intuitive, too scared-to-diverge-from-the-recipe armature cook, into a most favoured person on dinner table his recipes must be really good.
Also, I have discovered the wonder of food processor. For a mum who has a one year old hanging off her leg they do wonders. I've also, learnt a new word, "julienne". I am sure I know a person with the name by Julienne. well, it means to be cut into thin strips. Thin strips of spring onion tossed on top the noodle dish added an air of professionalism (Cooking has turned quite serious in my household).
Not bad for a first day of the challenge. One advice I can give to people who care, is to make sure you stock up on the sauces. it isn't good to run out them in the middle of your cooking when you have so many anticipating mouths to feed, as I did when I ran out to Kecap manis. I managed to replace with more oyster sauce and sugar. hew...

No comments:

Post a Comment